Monday, March 11, 2013

All Rolled into One

Hmm it seems as if I've been playing hooky...and it's not for a lack of things to share with you.  Sometimes life just takes over huh.  Today I'm going to roll Monday Mani and Weekend Random Swatching into one post and hopefully get back on track.

I was surprised that this look, given how easy it was to create, got a lot of second looks(by myself too) when I wore it. There's something about a strong linear pattern combined with simplicity of the color palette that draws the eye I suppose.




As I'm sure you can deduce, I have my base color of very pale pink and a black striping polish and nothing much else.  The polishes used here were Sinful Colors Easy Going as the base and a black Jordana striper polish.  I started with a thicker line in the middle and nuzzled two skinny lines on both sides of it.  Give yourself a top coat and you're done.  I think I had this look stored away from the days of Steven Tyler on American Idol- by the way I much prefer the current judges- and he'd rock a line down his nails most days and I wanted to take that and make it a little more feminine, but still have a little edge.  What say you?  Mission accomplished?

On to the random swatching.  I never tire of this part- because if you're a nail polish fanatic like me you'll understand that you have much more polish than you've tried in nail art, so it's nice to have a place to showcase the polishes waiting in the wings to be tried but haven't got to the front of the line yet :) Drum roll please....every little polish deserves to feel special...

Red Satin
 Poor red polishes...they have the hardest lot of them all cuz it feels so rare to find something new and fun in a red polish.  *Sigh*  As reds go- this one from China Glaze, Red Satin, was just as it's name predicts, red and satin smooth.  I mean it's hard to fault the polish right off the bat for being red...but I will anyway =p  B.



Paparazzi Don't Preach
 I am totally into peaches and nudes right now, and this shade did not disappoint.  Sweet and subtle and divine.  I give Nicole by OPI Paparazzi Don't Preach an A.



Coral Glow
 Hmm this one almost almost got top billing today.  I'm remembering as I write this how stunning this shade was on.  See that gold glow in the bottle- more than it shows up on the nail in the pics- well in rl it is on the nail and fabulous.  I give Maybelline Color Show Coral Glow an A.  I think this is from their latest release collection.



Ingenue
 I'm letting this count as my yellow/gold polish.  Look at the duality of this shade!  It is a rose/gold and is simply love.  I gotta hand it to Orly for Ingenue's gold foil beauty.  Another A.



Golden Green
 I had this little cutie on my wish list for a while.  Models Own in Golden Green is a green/gold duochrome in the likes of China Glaze Rare and Radiant, but I think I like it even better.  If you've never tried a duochrome polish- what are you waiting for?? They are divine.  This is an A.



Boy oh Boy
 No really, that's the name of this polish- Boy oh Boy.  Really Jordana- could you think of a more appropriate name?  This polish packs such a punch with it's saturation of color- it makes me say it's name spontaneously whenever I look at it.  Not sure if I left this polish on long enough to see if it stained badly, but some will even stain in a minute which this one did not, so props for that.  It think this one is dying to be tested with some nail art.  A.



Lacey Lilac
 This color is so delicate and lovely.  Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Lacey Lilac is refreshing and if you're looking for something perfect to kick start your spring- look no further.  A.



Magic
 Not sure if it's exactly magic, but it's close.  Pure Ice really does have some gorgeous concoctions, and a rich bronze frost is nearly Magic, right?  I had no complaints.  A



It's a Trap-eze!
 Ok...cray cray right?  This is a confetti explosion from the China Glaze Cirque Du Soleil Collection which is on clearance at most Sallys right now btw.   So you've got a milky white base and a multi glitter sandwiched in there...not too versatile.  I mean the randomness of it makes me intrigued, but not much further than that- oh and it was a pain to clean up!  Probably the only redeeming quality is how much glitter they managed to pile into this bottle lol.  It's a Trap-eze! is a C.



Red
Here we are full circle back at Red.  Milani really is a gold star brand in my opinion.  Their glitters are no joke either.  They are vibrant and dense!  This was one coat on each nail.!  Granted the beautiful blue it rests on doesn't hurt the image, but even still, this one gets top billing today for it's versatility and it's POW.  A+


All swatches received two coats unless otherwise stated.

You can find these brands at the following locations:
China Glaze-Sallys Beauty Supply, Ulta, transdesign.com
Nicole by OPI-Kmart, Target, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Ulta
Maybelline Color Show-Kmart, Target, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Ulta
Orly-Sallys Beauty Supply, Ulta, transdesign.com
Models Own-Harlow & Co
Jordana-Kmart, CVS
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear-Kmart, Target, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Ulta
Pure Ice-Walmart
Milani-Kmart, Target, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens

Happy Hunting!  Go bask in color!

See you tomorrow

Over and Out

No comments:

Post a Comment